As we were sitting on the bench, people watching, I was approached by 3 young men, 2 of them were in University and they said as a project they wanted to interview me, since I was a visitor to Vietnam, the other young man was just a straggler that saw these 2 young men talking to me and thought he would join in. I humored them, they asked a few questions, at the end, it was harmless fun and I enjoyed speaking to them. I ended up talking longer to the 3rd young man , he wanted to practise his English so we had a nice conversation and than we parted ways.
| Of course, pictures were part of their project, so I decided to take one of all us too! |
By this time it was getting later in the afternoon so I thought I would start heading back as we were meeting Mary and Wade for dinner. On the way, I decided to stop at the little Vietnamese Cafe that I had been at before for a nice cold glass of Vietnamese Coffee. Once again, because I'm still trying to see what sort of things Jayda likes, and I am pushing the boundaries a little, I gave her a little taste of my very very strong Vietnamese Coffee (think of a glass of Espresso mixed with a little Condensed Milk). To my very big surprise, my little Vietnamese Girl, loves Vietnamese Coffee,!!! who would have thought??? It clearly wont be something she will be enjoying on a regular basis, but I find it so interesting some of the things she likes and dislikes (anything sweet is still not popular AT ALL, now, that I find interesting, considering both Shae-Lee and I have a big sweet tooth).
| Enjoying a yummy glass of Vietnamese Coffee |
We finished up our coffee and headed back to the Hotel. Loc still was not feeling well so Mary and Wade decided to stay in and Jayda and I went to the Gecko for dinner and than we wandered around for a bit afterwards. We talked to alot of people tonight, alot of them that recognized us from our daily walks, and than I met the most most facinating couple. They own a organization called Little Kidz Foundation. They travel internationally and teach the caregivers that work in Orphanages as well as caregivers of children with special needs, whether hospitals, clinics etc on the benefits of infant massage. This couple are based out of Los Angeles and travel worldwide for there organization to offer this program in countries that are lacking resources. In further conversation, I find out that the husband actually was born and raised in Richmond, seriously what are the odds, he was a couple of years younger than me so we compared High Schools and tried to figure out if we had known each other through school etc. After talking for awhile, we parted ways and I made one last stop before our Hotel. I had heard that Bao Yen was a famous singer, so I thought I couldnt possibly leave Vietnam without a copy of her CD, so we made our purchase and headed back. Now, I am looking at the time, which is now after Midnight, and realizing that I really need to pack and put a plan in place to ensure that I can get everything to fit into our 2 little suitcases. I'm definitley leaving with alot more than what we brought. So Ciao for now, I will try to write one last time before we leave tomorrow night
No comments:
Post a Comment