Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Hotel


I just wanted to write a little bit about our Hotel in Hanoi since we have lived here for the past 3 weeks.  The staff that work here are absolutely amazing, me writing about it or telling you about it, really doesnt do its justice, you have to experience what it is like to stay here.  Here are a few things that I absolutely loved about staying here:

  • Everynight I come back to my room, my bed is turned down, and my bedside table holds a little plate of Chocolates and a beautiful flower
  • At breakfast, I am looked after from the time I enter the dining area (which really is maybe twice the size of our Living Room area, whoever has been to our place knows that its not very big)  We are greeted at the Elevator and looked after like Royalty.  
  • They love, love, love Jayda and I feel like this hotel should include babysitting as a perk for those staying here because I feel that is what they do.  They feed Jayda ,  they wipe her nose (yes, you heard me, they wipe her nose), they entertain her while I am eating, they play with her and they do it with huge, big smiles on there faces. They really are wonderful.  Once I was in the room over lunch and on their own initiative they prepared scrambled egg for me to feed her and brought it to my room
  • This Hotel is immaculate, I see them dusting the tiniest corners, they take pride in doing a good job and keeping this hotel in top shape
  • The staff here are very young (probably early to mid twenties), but they give amazing attention to detail, always going the extra step, they are always a step ahead of me and I feel like my every need is always met.
  • Whenever I come and go, the help with all my bags and stroller is automatic.  I never have to ask,  its just second nature for them to be helpful. 
  • When I had to wake the manager at 2:30 am in the morning to print my E-Ticket for her Passport - he never grumbled, he never complained (I know I should have waited, but I couldnt have slept without that ticket in my hand) I hadnt seen him since that night, but I did seem him today, and he was so pleasant with a big smile on his face.  I told him that I would be leaving tomorrow night, but not till midnight, so I paid for tomorrow night as well.  He told me that he would put in a request that I should only pay half price. I never assumed that I should, but he suggested it on his own.
Thats all I can think of for now, there are many many more things about this Hotel that make it amazing, but those are some of the bigger things that come to mind.  Although the perks have been wonderful, nothing is better than home, but I am happy to say, this defintely has been the best home away from home that I have ever experienced!!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for this post!
    It's me, Duc Anh, the night-shift receptionist.
    We hope to have a chance to serve you again.
    Your satisfaction is our greatest happiness and motivation to keeping moving forward.

    ReplyDelete