**I added a few extra pictures to the previous post, if you want to check them out**
Yesterday was a free day!! It was nice not to have to rush around
and make an early morning appointment. I was hoping to really be able
to sleep in, but I made it to 8:00 am when I woke up. Jayda slept in a
little bit longer. We finally made it down to breakfast for around 9:30
am. Have I said before how much I love the staff at this Hotel. They
are really so nice. Because the Hotel is quite small, every morning
they know us and they are so accomodating. They love Jayda and they are
so helpful. We finished up breakfast and they sent us upstairs with a
big bowl of Congee (Rice and Porridge), not really appealing, but she
loves it, its the only thing she ate for the first 2 years of her
life. Jayda sat on the bed, while I caught up on some emails, I guess
the time just flew, because 2 hours later, they were knocking on our
door and brought up some scrambled eggs for her lunch, which they didnt
have to do, but they knew we hadnt gone out, so they wanted to make sure
she had something to eat. So kind of them. After lunch we decided to
wander around, I was meeting up with Mary, but hadnt set a time, so we
wandered through the streets, and discovered some really neat little
shops, eventually we made our way to Mary's Hotel where we met up. We
went back to do some more wandering and decided to go to a place called
Cafe de Paris, a specialty French Coffee shop that served Lattes, so we
hung out there for a bit and ordered coffee and crepes. We also
received an email from Catherine and Sebastien and they asked if we
would like to meet up with them, the kids could play on the playground
that they have at their Hotel and than later we would go for dinner.
Once our Lattes were finished we headed over to the other Hotel. I am
very fortunate to be in this city with these 2 families. Mary and Loc
have been enjoyable to hang out with and Catherine and Sebastien are
such a nice couple, they have a 4 year old they adopted from Vietnam 4
years ago and as well the little boy they just adopted. After a little
play on the playground, actually Jayda and Loc didnt play, because they
had fallen asleep on the way over, we decided it was time for dinner.
Sebastien went to the room to put a few things away and came back and
said that he just found out that the restaurant at their Hotel (Jaspas
Steakhouse) was offering free dinner and drinks as a Grand-opening and
that we were all invited. We certainly couldnt pass up on a free email
so in we went. It was pretty amazing food, they were doing samplings of
all there dishes, buffet style, very delicious and very impressive, the
food was wonderful. After eating, we just hung out for a bit and
talked while the kids got there second wind and became everyones main
attraction, dancing around, wandering to all the tables and saying ther
hello's it was quite fun to watch. The restaurant was defintely not a
family restaurant, it was catered more to adults and the majority of the
people were those that were here on business from overseas, but
everyone enjoyed the kids as they got under everyones feet, there must
have been hundreds and hundreds of guests walking around and
socializing, it was a typical bar type restaurant. We stayed till
around 9:00 pm and caught a cab back home. Before we left, Catherine
had asked me to email her to make sure I got home safe, which I am very
thankful she did. I would never have opened my email otherwise only to
discover that we were to meet at another Passport office tomorrow
morning with Thuy at 9:00 am, it was an appointment that none of us were
expecting. Unfortunatly, it left me in a little bit of a panic, one
of the papers I was needing for tomorrow was an E-Ticket showing that
Jayda was returning back home with me. When Cliff left the day before,
we discovered we didnt have a copy of this which originally I wouldnt
have needed till Thursday morning, So now in less than 12 hours I had
go get this ticket, Cliff still flying in the air and not arriving home
till 2:30 am my time. I sent him a message and decided to set my clock
for 7:30 am in the morning in the hopes that he would have seen my
message and it would have been dealt with and emailed over to me to
print, but I couldnt sleep and ended up getting up out of bed at 2:30 am
, realizing Cliff & Shae-Lee had just arrived. With the help of
technology and some wonderful friends, I was able to text and email and
ask them to get in touch with Cliff asap because I needed that ticket 7
hours from now. Fortunatly, Cliff was able to get in touch with them
and my E-Ticket arrived within minutes on my email. Now, I knew I
couldnt sleep until I actually had it in my hand, so I left the room
(Jayda still sleeping, I had no worries leaving her in the locked room)
As I closed the door, I thought I would just check to make sure my key
worked (my swipe card tends to demagnatize itself on a regular basis) so
of course this was one of the nights it happened. I quickly go
downstairs, fully expecting to see staff at the front desk, but what I
find are lights out and the Manager sleeping on the couch and the Bell
Boy sleeping on the big chair. I probably would have waited to have my
ticket printed since they were sleeping but I had no choice but to wake
the manager up as I needed to get back into my room. So yes, a little
awkward, as I kept whispering "Excuse me" . He woke up a little
startled, but he kindly obliged me with a new swipe card, and since he
was already awake, I had him print my Ticket. so all was well. Now, I
was wide awake and afraid I would sleep through my Alarm Clock or the
Clock wouldnt work, so I debated going back to sleep. Eventually I did,
after texting back and forth with Cliff but ended up with only 1 hour
of sleep. The morning came fast, I had to wake up Jayda, and quickly
head down to Breakfast before Mary arrived to make our 9:00 am appt. We
rushed and Mary showed up with the Taxi and we all headed down to the
Consular Office. I'm actually not quite sure what we were doing here, I
can absolutely say, I really have no clue how this process works with
paperwork, I just show up at the appointments, fill out forms, show
passports etc. Once we arrived, we waited and waited, and were told to
come back at 11:15am so we all went next door and enjoyed a yummy
Vietnamese Coffee until the time passed. After our appointment, we all
departed to our seperate Hotels and made plans to meet later to to go
the Market and Dinner, the Market didnt work out for that night, but we
were able to meet up for dinner. Catherine and Sebastien took us to a
wonderful little restaurant, upstairs looking over the streets while the
children ate and played together. Tomorrow is another appointment 9:00
at the Canadian Embassy, here we will be applying for a Temporary
Canadian Passport. This will be end end of the paperwork and forms, we
will just need to wait for the passports to be issued and hope they
arrive before my scheduled flight out next Sunday Dec. 17th
 |
| Having our Coffee and waiting for our 11:15 am appointment |
 |
| Loc, Mary and Wade |
 |
| Crazy Girl | |
|
 |
| Dinner at Quan Bia |Min, great food and great company |
,
 |
| Catherine and Nicholas |
 |
| Bath Time |
No comments:
Post a Comment