Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Not much to say, just wanted to say Hi

Cliff and Shae-Lee are sleeping, which I know is bad, Shae-Lee has been sleeping for probably more than 4 hours and Cliff for just more than an hour and its 7:00 pm here in Hanoi.  I slept for an hour or two earlier, and I have been now up for hours, so my plans were to go to bed at a regular hour and actually be able to sleep all night.  I have a feeling that Cliff and Shae-Lee may not be able to follow that plan since they are doing there sleeping now and I'm going to regret not waking them up sooner.
So this morning, we wandered all through downtown Hanoi.  We went to every Electronics and Camera store that we crossed paths with and believe it or not, still find it unbelievable, that not one of the stores have USB Cables for a Panasonic Camera, even though they sold Panasonic Cameras.  At the end of our wandering around we finally came across someone that sold a Universal Card reader (I think thats what it is called) so we are going to give that a try and see if we can download some pictures. If you see pictures next time around, you'll know it worked!! So Hanoi, what a crazy place to walk. Back home Pedestrians have the right of way, here, any moving object has the right of way, I think that probably 75% of the people travel by Motorcycles, scooters or bike and not one of them practise safe driving, although, I did notice, that some of them do obey the Pedestrian signals that let you know when it should be safe for a Pedestrian to walk, but it really doesnt mean its a safe time to cross, because the majority still dont pay attention to the traffic lights.
We had lunch, we decided on Pizza, I was so noodled out after our flight that I just wanted something familiar (our Air Canada flight served Asian noodles and Rice with Chicken or Beef, than Mr. Noodles (same flight) I think we also had some other noodle dish, cant remember, and than when we were on Korean Air some more Noodles with fish, chicken or beef.  The Hawaiian Pizza was kind of bland, but thats what you get for ordering North American Food in a Asian Country, I think we will be more adventurous tomorrow with our meals.  Tomorrow our plan is to meet with our guide Thuy, as well as another single mom that is travelling, just to discuss what our plans will be for the next couple of days.  The other couple that is also adopting are already in Dong Hoi.  We will be flying to Dong Hoi on the 29th, meet our children in the afternoon and than on the 30th everything will be official. It still seems pretty surreal that after all this time, we are only 2 days away.  We will than fly back to Hanoi on Dec.2nd, Cliff and Shae-Lee will fly home on Dec. 3rd (after walking the streets today, I do realize now that it is defintley the safe thing to do) and Jayda and I will wait here for all the paperwork and passports to be completed.  We may do a day trip or an overnight trip as well to Halong Bay, considered to be one of the new 7 wonders of Nature:

http://nature.new7wonders.com/archives/wonder/halong-bay

It would be nice to do this trip with Cliff and Shae-Lee but not sure there will be enough time, so hopefully if all is well, Jayda and I will perhaps be able to go with the other mom that is travelling.
I have to go now, I really need to wake up Cliff and Shae-Lee.
Bye for now.
P.S. I now may love our little Hotel we are staying at. As mentioned before, it is defintely a small room, but the service is exceptional, we just had a little knock on the door to wish us a nice evening and delivered a little plate of chocolates with a little flower, so nice!!









No comments:

Post a Comment